2012-12-19

I've found the perfect article for this last post of the Writing Lab before Xmas. You might remember that a well-known article by Chuck Palahniuk on Showing vs. Telling was featured on the Writing Lab a few months ago.

Chuck Palahniuk

This time, you can get not just one, but 13 writing tips from such a renowned author. Go read:

A Christmas Stocking of Writing Tips from Chuck Palahniuk


My favorite is this one.

"Surprise yourself. If you can bring the story - or let it bring you - to a place that amazes you, then you can surprise your reader. The moment you can see any well-planned surprise, chances are, so will your sophisticated reader."

I wish you a wonderful Xmas, and I hope that in the New Year you'll get to write the book you want to read.


Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter!